Monday 8 July 2013

What day is it, exactly?

Flying on 7/7 to the US makes it easy - there's no confusion about what the date is.

But now that it's the 8th of July, I have to pause while I remind myself where I am and how the date is written here. It is going to be difficult to undo the past decade of day/month and revert to month/day.  Seriously, though it may seem minor, getting the date right is fundamental.

Never mind being eight hours in the past. Until yesterday I was living in Greenwich, a few meters away from the meridian line, projected in a green laser-like line across the sky over the neighborhood.

This morning the PST zone welcomes a blue sky, dogs barking and birds chirping and me waking up at 05:16.

It is 7/8/13. July 8 --- right?

3 comments:

  1. Awwwww, welcome home Em! Yes it is July 8 and its still 2013. Don't worry, you'll be back to being a bloody American in no time. PDT and all. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read this! Very interesting indeed, in fact GERT LUSH... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! Also, remember to drive on the right side :)
    Do you still have your Civic?

    ReplyDelete