Wednesday 30 October 2013

Here's what happened while I was away: I GOT OLD




I guess a decade will do that to a person, especially when you come back to a place when you are over 40.

I have noticed that on the television news programming, both network and cable channels, the news readers and pundits are all suspiciously youthful. I don't remember it always being like that. Sure, Generations Y and Z might have a few interesting contributions, but I like my news readers varying in ages and prefer pundits more on the sedate, mature side. (Actually, pundits are often annoying at any age; what am I saying?) I'd better stick with National Public Radio.

Here's what else happened:

A group resembling a quasi-rabid pack of small, irate chihuahuas has gripped a corner of American politics and are attempting to contaminate the country. So far they seem to be successful in giving most people a caffeine-related headache. Thank goodness I have always stuck with herbal tea.

And finally, picking up one of the free local newspapers, the last four pages are covered in adverts for weed. Now that's definitely new.



1 comment: